Klarna Shipping Service
The Klarna Shipping Service (KSS) puts consumers in control by letting them choose shipping method at the point of purchase. With the Klarna Shipping Service Callback API we ensure a dynamic user experience for the consumer.
In e-commerce, there is one obstacle yet to be solved for consumers; the shipping experience. How can we enable users to choose their preferred shipping method at point of purchase?
With KSS, the merchant always controls the shipping option logic, meaning you tell us what shipping options to show, in which order, what extra services you want to offer (e.g. notifications) and which delivery times or pickup points are available. We receive that information from you or from our common logistic partner through our API, the Klarna Shipping Service Callback API.
In order to enable KSS in the checkout you need to follow the steps below.
- Provide us with your available shipping options via the Klarna Shipping Service Callback API. This means that you either have to integrate our API directly or use one of our with a logistics company.
- Send us default shipping options for your order when you create a Klarna Checkout (KCO) session. We use those shipping options as fallback in case we do not get any response via the Klarna Shipping Service Callback API. This way we ensure that users always are presented with shipping options. You either provide us with this information via your own integration or via the you are using.
- Configure your shipping credentials in the merchant portal. We need the authentication data to receive your shipping options via our API. you can find more information about how to use our merchant portal.
Tracking and pricing
The Klarna Shipping Service is part of KCOv3 and the service is free of charge as long as we receive the tracking information for sent parcels. Many of our partners are able to provide us with the tracking information, which consists of tracking number and the carrier.
If a partner is not able to provide us with the tracking number, you can still use the Klarna Shipping Service. You have the following options:
- You can provide us with the tracking number and carrier information via the order management API. Just follow .
- If you are on a Klarna platform partner that already is providing us with the tracking number then KSS is free of charge. You can find all our partners and whether they share tracking number with us.
- If you cannot or do not want to share the tracking number with us, you can use KSS for 0.5 SEK per finalised session. We will charge you automatically after you have activated the service in the merchant portal. The first 6 months are going to be free of charge.
Do you handle your own logistics and want to integrate the Klarna Shipping Service Callback API directly? View documentation here.