This tutorial helps you integrate Klarna's standalone payment methods on your website.
By adding Klarna's payment methods, you enable your consumers to try before they buy, finance purchases on your store via Klarna, or make use of other payment methods made available by Klarna. Klarna offers these payment methods via a widget which you add inline on your checkout page.
Klarna's Payments widget lets you
- easily add Klarna's payment methods in your checkout
- apply your visual guidelines to get a branded experience
Klarna’s widget contains the following integration components:
- a REST API used for creating a credit session and creating an order, server-side
Integration Process Overview
Here is a high level overview of the steps involved in an integration
- Create session: When the customer proceeds to your checkout page, create a session with Klarna
- Present widget When you want to display the Klarna payment method to the customer, initiate and load the widget.
- Authorize: When the customer presses the buy button on your page, make an authorization request
- Place order: Once the order is authorized successfully, place the order using the authorization token from the previous step.
After the order is created, you can manage the order either manually via our Merchant Portal or through our Order Management API.
If you want to use Klarna’s test environment you must get a test account.
Our Integration guide will walk you through it. Your first step is to create a session.