With KCO Global, the Checkout API supports presenting the checkout in the customer's language, and using the currency in the country of purchase.
The KCO Global integration is handled through these key aspects:
Setting allowed shipping/billing countries on Order Create in Checkout API
A country_change callback on Checkout API
Allowed shipping countries can be set in every order through shipping_countries field
By default, the available billing country* list will match the list of shipping_countries.
Updating billing country in the checkout will trigger the new country_change callback, and when
billing_address.country changes, the checkout will change to reflect the new billing country.
The country_change callback allows for the checkout in the customer's language, and display of the currency for the purchase country.
This functionality is documented in the Suspend and Resume section and will force the Checkout Client to fetch an updated state from the server side.
- Whenever a customer switches their country a country_change will be triggered.
- An Order Update should be performed with data that makes sense for the new customer country.
This approach is slightly more demanding depending on the merchants setup. From a customer perspective this will be perceived as a smoother integration. This integration is also more resilient than the Checkout API approach.
- Whenever a customer switches their country a
- When the country has changed from previous
- The new country should be sent to the Merchant Server, which in turn should perform an Order Update with data that makes sense for the new country should be performed against the Checkout API.