Here is a high level overview of the steps involved in an integration
- Create session: When the customer proceeds to your checkout page, create a session with Klarna
- Present widget When you want to display the Klarna payment method to the customer, initiate and load the widget.
- Authorize: When the customer presses the buy button on your page, make an authorization request
- Place order: Once the order is authorized successfully, place the order using the authorization token from the previous step.
Note: There are two ways to integrate Klarna’s payment methods stand-alone in your own checkout.
- Using our REST API. This is recommended. Continue reading the integration guide below, or
- If you have a legacy integration, view documentation for our older products by following . The link will take you to a separate section of this site dedicated to this integration.
If you are unsure of which documentation you need, please consult a Klarna tech sales representative.