Preparing your site
Let’s look at the interactions between your site and Klarna when using Klarna Checkout.
- Render the checkout page. You will start the order session by calling Klarna’s server with your customer’s cart details, locale, your merchant ID and a few more details. Klarna will return an order object containing an HTML snippet which you will need to embed into your checkout page.
- Render the confirmation page. After the customer has completed the purchase in Klarna Checkout, they will be redirected to your confirmation page. You will call Klarna to get he order object containing the confirmation page HTML snippet to embed.
What you need to prepare
You will need to have the following on your site
- A checkout and a confirmation page where you embed the snippets from Klarna. See Checkout API Order
- A push URL that Klarna will call when the checkout is complete. See Create Order API.
- Terms and Conditions URL, where you host your terms and conditions. Klarna will provide the customer with a link to your terms and conditions in certain phases of the order, so you need to create a terms and conditions URL, to which Klarna Checkout will link.
- Review the security of your site. A great place to start is our .